Juniors 9-14 Omnium
USA Cycling Road DEVO Race Series
Ohio Criterium Cup Series Race #8
USA Cycling Permit # 2014-1514
Saturday, August 2nd, 2014, Mason, Ohio
EVENT DESCRIPTION: This “short circuit” race returns for the 13th consecutive year, presented by the Cincinnati Cyclocross Lionhearts Jr. Racing Team. The event focuses on providing quality grass-roots racing for everyone, with first-rate races for all juniors. The event is a fundraiser for the Lionhearts Jr. Racing team, which has grown to 65 kids who compete primarily in cyclocross. The Mission of Cincinnati Cyclocross and of the Lionhearts Jr. Racing Team is to get as many kids racing as possible – at every level, from beginner to international competition. For senior and master categories, part of the Ohio Crit Cup. For juniors and espoirs, this is a USA Cycling Road Devo Series Event.
NEW FOR 2014 – A two-event omnium for juniors with racing age 9 thru 14, which includes a 1.6 mile time trial at 9:00 am, and a 20 minute criterium at 10:30 am.
OHIO CRITERIUM CUP: This is the 8th race on the 2014 Ohio Criterium Cup Series, a 10-race series which is offering serious cash to top finishers. More info on the Ohio Crit Cup can be found at this link.
|Category||Start Time||Duration (min)||On-line Entry Fee||Race Day Entry Fee||Prizes|
|Juniors age 9 – 14 Time Trial||9:00 am||1 lap (1.6 miles)||Free||Free||Ribbons / 3|
|Kids on Bikes Time Trial age 8 and under*||9:15 am||1 lap (1.6 miles)||Free||Free||Certificate / All|
|Men Cat 5 / Citizen||9:45 am||30||20||30||Merchandise / 5|
|Juniors age 9-10*||10:30 am||20||10||10||Medals / 3|
|Juniors age 11-12*||10:30 am||20||10||10||Medals / 3|
|Juniors age 13-14*||10:30 am||20||10||10||Medals / 3|
|Men Cat 4/5||11:00 am||30||30||40||Merchandise / 5|
|Women Cat 4 / Citizen||11:45 am||30||20||30||Merchandise / 5|
|Junior Women 15-18||11:45 am||30||15||15||200 / 5|
|Tandem (Male, Coed, Jr. Stoker)||12:30 pm||30||30||40||Merchandise / 3|
|Men Cat 4||12:30 pm||35||30||40||Merchandise / 5|
|Men Master 40+, 50+, 60+||1:15 pm||35||30||40||200 / 5|
|Jr. Men 15-18||1:15 pm||35||15||15||200 / 5|
|Men Cat 3/4||2:00 pm||35||30||40||Merchandise / 5|
|Women Open||2:45 pm||35||30||40||300 / 7|
|U23 Women Open||2:45 pm||35||15||15||100 / 3|
|Men Cat 3||3:30 pm||35||30||40||250 / 6|
|Men Cat 1/2/3||4:15 pm||60||30||40||300 / 7|
|U23 Men 1/2/3||4:15 pm||60||15||15||100 / 3|
JUNIOR 9-14 OMNIUM: Juniors with racing age 9 – 14 who are racing in the criterium at 10:30 may also complete in the time trail at 9:00 am for free. Points will be earned for both the time trial and the criterium based on final placing. Medals for the following omnium categories will be awarded to the top 3 on points: Men 9-10, 11-12, 13-14; Women 9-10, 11-12, 13-14.COURSE: This is a non-technical 1.6 mile loop circuit of excellent pavement closed to traffic during the races. There is one left hand turn and 1 short climb. Wind is frequently present. Fitness, pack skills and teamwork are the most important factors.
Time trial participants who are competing in the omnium must use a mass start legal bicycle. The following aero equipment is not permitted: Aero bars, bull-horn style TT bars, disc wheels, wheels with fewer than 16 spokes.
Omnium Points Schedule
Discounted registration is available online at USA Cycling at this link. Online pre-registration closes and entry fee discount ends on Friday, August 1st at noon. REGISTRATION:
- Day-of race registration is available at the venue for an additional cost of $10.
- Juniors 9-14 entry fees are $10; Juniors 15-18 and U23 is $15 for any category entered, both on-line and day-of.
- Second / Third races are $10 (Free for juniors). 2nd/3rd races can be added on race day.
- All racers except the Kids on Bikes Time Trial must have a valid USA Cycling license. Juniors racing in junior events, Men racing in Cat 5, and women racing in Cat 4 events may purchase a 1-day license on-site at a cost of $15 ($5 for juniors).
- Junior and Kids on Bikes participants must have a parent or legal guardian sign the event entry form. If a rider less than 18 years of age is participating a parent or legal guardian must accompany them to sign, OR a pre-signed form must be presented at registration. Follow this link for a blank entry form
- Junior gear restrictions apply for juniors racing in any event. Gear checks will be performed on race day. Juniors should present their bikes and bib numbers at rollout near the finish line. Link to Junior Gear Rule.
- Approved and properly adjusted and fastened helmets are mandatory for anyone astride their bike at the event.
- Juniors 9-14 criterium: Riders may be started as one large group, or separated boys from girls and in 2 year age increments. The decision will be made on race day when field compositions are known. Prizes will be awarded to top 3 boys and top 3 girls in each age group: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14.
- Juniors 15-18 will start and race together for the cash purse. Podium and additional prizes will be awarded to the top 3 in both 15-16 and 17-18.
- Espoirs start and race in a mixed field, the top 3 finishers will be recognized separately. Espoirs cash purse is in addition to the overall purse for that race.
More Information: GP@lionhearts.org (513) 403-1951